PhD in the area of Intelligent Energy Systems
Universidad Loyola Andalucía, the first private social initiative University in Andalucía, promoted by the Company of Jesus, is recruiting PhD in the area of Intelligent Energy Systems.
Universidad Loyola Andalucía, invites applications for several 3-years fully-funded PhD positions in the area of Intelligent Energy Systems. Particularly, we are seeking candidates for working in the following PhD projects:
- Analysis and Control of Interdependent Hybrid AC-DC Power Systems. PhD applicants require a M.Sc. in Electrical or Electronic Engineering. Previous background in HVDC, power systems modelling and analysis, control and operation of power systems, power electronics will be valued.
- Power Flow Real-time Response in Multi-Terminal Grids based on Wide Area Measurement. PhD applicants require a M.Sc. in Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering. Previous background in HVDC, power systems analysis, control of power systems, and communications networks will be valued.
- Intelligent Measurement and Control of Complex Active Distribution Systems. PhD applicants require a M.Sc. in Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering or Computer Science. Previous background in power converters, power systems analysis, communication networks, and control techniques will be valued.
- Multi-Objective Optimal Operation of the Smart Grids. PhD applicants require a M.Sc. in Electrical or Control Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics. Previous background in power systems operation, multi-objective optimization methods, as well as knowledge in intelligent approaches will be valued.
- Big-data based deep learning for self-healing power networks. PhD applicants require a M.Sc. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Control or Electrical Engineering, Previous background in big-data analytics, machine learning methods, neuronal networks, power systems operation and protection will be valued.
- Multi-scale and multi-physics modeling of energy storage systems. PhD applicants require a M.Sc. in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics. Previous background in transport phenomena and/or solid mechanics, as well as in modelling and simulation of physical systems will be valued.
Universidad Loyola Andalucía offers:
- Employment contract.
- A friendly working environment and a salary according to the working conditions of Spanish universities.
- Incorporation in research teams already consolidated or being created.
Universidad Loyola Andalucía encourages the participation of all those who have the following professional profiles:
- MSc in a corresponding field according to the project topic.
- Excellent academic record.
- Good mathematical, analytical, modelling and programming skills.
- Good English speaking and writing, as well as communication skills.
- Familiar with tools for modelling and simulating complex systems.
- Motivated to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Available to develop the PhD project in Seville, Spain, and open to occasionally stay in an international research center.
Universidad Loyola Andalucía, will receive the curriculum vitae with the following reference:
Those candidates interested within the process should send their complete curriculum vitae, updated and with two recommendation letters to the following email address, specifying clearly the reference in which it wishes to be evaluated:
The curricula received either incomplete or not meeting the terms of the announcement will be automatically refused.
Universidad Loyola Andalucía is a committed institution with the pursuit of excellence, diversity and justice.