Other Languages at Loyola SOL
We offer a range of french courses during the academic year including:
- DELF B1 preparation
- DELF B2 preparation
- DALF C1 preparation
- Introduction to French courses
Official Spanish Language Exam – SIELE
Loyola School of Languages is also an official exam centre for the world-renowned SIELE exams. SIELE (Servicio Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española) certifies electronically the command of the Spanish language proficiency for students and professionals. When you finish your course, you can sit this exam at our university and receive a certificate of your Spanish proficiency.
Intensive and Extensive Spanish Courses – individual and group classes
Loyola Sol offers group and individual classes outside of the academic timetable for students who are looking for individual Spanish language tuition or groups who need a specific timetable to suit their personal and professional lives.
The management team are delighted to study different options of courses and timetables to fit in with your needs.
Talleres Culturales – Cultural Workshops
Loyola Sol offers four cultural workshops each term to complement our language courses. The cultural workshops take place during the term (organized to suit students’ schedules) and are focused on a different area of cultural interest each session. These workshops aim to give a global perspective of Spanish and Andalusian culture.
Sample workshop topics include:
• Flamenco – an in-depth look at the traditional folk music and dance of Andalusia including dance classes with a flamenco dancer!
• Legends and Traditions of Andalucía including a tour of the historic center of Seville / Cordoba.
• Andalusian Gastronomy where we look at the famous dishes and culinary delights of Andalusian cuisine. This workshop includes visits to local markets and a Tapas Night in the centre of the city.
• Andalusian fairs and holidays including Semana Santa and the Feria.
• Spanish Literature including texts from the Spanish Siglo de Oro.
• Spanish Media including an in-depth look at films, television and the press.