Library and COVID-19
According to Royal Decree 463/2020 of March 14th, which declared the state of alert for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19, article 10.3 states that "The opening to the public of museums, archives, libraries is suspended”. Therefore, the library facilities will remain closed and no services will be available: study, consultation in the room, home loan, etc
Here is some useful information during the closing:
We will continue to serve the user through email () and the Library chat, available on each of the pages of our website, from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Loan/Renewal/Return of Books
Home loans, as well as returns, are not available due to the closure of our facilities.
All book loans to students have been renewed until April 13th, after Easter.
However, for information purposes, to renew books, you can follow these instructions (https://catalogo.uloyola.es/pdfs/vufind_renovaciones.pdf), although please note that the username/password are different from the University keys. In this case the user is your student card number and the password is your ID without the letter. Anyway, if you have any doubt or problem, write to us at .
Search for information
With the closure of the facilities it will not be possible to search for books to borrow, but through our website you have access to millions of scientific articles in full text, 1.6 million ebooks.
Use our discovery Ma+ and search all the information centrally:
Once you have entered, before performing the search, you must identify yourself as a member of the Loyola university community in order to access the full texts of the documents available:
You have a basic guide to using the Ma+ at https://www.uloyola.es/ftp/gestor/Biblioteca/guias/biblioguia_magis.pdf
Remember that some of our resources are not integrated into discovery and you will have to go into each of them to find information. The links to these (and all databases) are in the section "Search and Find" --> Databases. Some of these databases not integrated into discovery are: Aranzadi Proview, Journal Citation Reports, Mynews, SABI, Statista or the Web of Science
All of our links to these information resources begin with https://recursos.uloyola.es... (not the typical www...), this way these links work on campus and outside (in this case, authenticating with the University username).
Teaching staff. I would like to request the purchase of a book
>I want to request the purchase of a book: the procedure remains the same, request by e-mail its purchase to the director of the corresponding department, who will be the one who authorizes the purchase.
>I want to request the purchase of an ebook to be able to follow the classes during the quarantine: although the acquisition of ebooks in English is very simple and there is a great variety of titles, for the contents in Spanish it is not so easy, because they are not always online or because the modality in which they are (payment by use, rent for 24 uses, for one week...) they do not adapt to the needs of a university community, rather to an individual user.
Teaching staff. I would like to request an article
>I want to request a document not available in the Library: you can send your request by email to or through the specific form that appears in the discovery Ma+ when the full text is not available. This document request service is limited to the University's teaching staff, and in the case of the current situation to electronic format (we will not be able to ask for inter-library loans to other centres, as they are also closed).
Teaching staff. I need to talk to a librarian
If you do not find information in this section or on the Library's website write to and the reason why you need to talk to a librarian and we will give you an appointment and a way to contact him or her.
Teaching staff. I need to upload content for my students
If you need to upload your own teaching material for your students and you don't want to do it in Moodle, you can upload it to our Institutional Repository Brújula. Write to for more information.
New resources (temporarily accessible thanks to publishers/producers of academic information)
- Odilo: the entire ebook catalogue can be made available on request. The way would be to look for the ebook in Odilotk and if it is not, click at the end of the search page to suggest the purchase, temporarily, by the Library.
- Aranzadi Proview: in the next few hours all the books and magazines from Aranzadi, Civitas and Lex Nova publishers will be available.
- Ingebook: the entire e-book catalogue is available, including those not subscribed to by the Library. Consult >>
- Dyckinson: the legal publisher is launching a series of ebooks free of charge https://www.dykinson.com/guiaslectura/yomequedoencasa/83/
- Scribd: Scribd is a popular document sharing platform. It currently hosts millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazine articles, sheet music... The subscription price is $8.99 per month but due to the COVID-19 it will be free for 30 days. More information and access at https://es.scribd.com/readfree?utm_source=readfree
- Cambridge: the prestigious British university offers some 700 textbooks on open access until the end of May at https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/textbooks
- M.A.R.S.: although it is a content for children, perhaps it will interest those of you who have a brother or children during the days of stay at home that the SM publishing house has opened its platform of primary, infantile and secondary education (https://universoabierto.org/2020/03/14/el-grupo-sm-ofrece-gratis-acceso-a-su-plataforma-con-libros-y-juegos-de-su-aula-virtual-de-aprendizaje-m-a-r-s-para-ninos-durante-el-periodo-de-coronavirus/)
When it comes to magazines, we can find the following that will be temporally open: