PhD Opportunity in Communication StudiesPredoctoral contract
Universidad Loyola, the first private University of social initiative in Andalusia, promoted by the Company of Jesus, is recruiting Research Assistants with a PREDOCTORAL CONTRACT for the academic year 2020-21.
We are looking for candidates for a PhD scholarship who are keen on exploring several research questions about communication. Specially in topics like disinformation; propaganda and fake news; journalism, big data and artificial intelligence; media psychology and news consumption; new media and devices; media literacy.
Universidad Loyola offers:
- Predoctoral contract for 1 year as Research Assistant, renewable for two more years until finishing the doctoral thesis.
- The candidate will be hosted by Universidad Loyola Andalucía, in its research group PositiCom (Positive Communication and Digital Culture), Seville, Spain. More information: www. https://www.uloyola.es/investigacion/grupos-de-investigacion).
- Salary € 16,500 gross per year (16 payments, of which 4 will be extraordinary pro-rata payment based on seniority).
Universidad Loyola Andalucía wishes to incorporate interested and especially motivated people:
- To be trained in research and to concentrate their efforts on the preparation of the Doctoral Thesis in any of the doctoral programs of the Universidad Loyola Andalucía.
- To actively participate in the research groups of the University.
- To be trained in teaching skills.
Universidad Loyola Andalucía encourages all those who have the following generic professional profile to participate:
- Academic Requirement:
- A degree in communication sciences, journalism, public relations, advertising or social communication.
- A postgraduate program in research methodologies in social sciences.
- B2 english level
- C1 spanish level
Universidad Loyola will especially value those candidates whose curriculum vitae demonstrates:
- Production and scientific research: seminars, conferences, congresses, books or publications of articles in indexed journals.
- To deal with these issues, the candidate should have a background related with one or more of the mentioned areas, but also in computer science, digital technologies, media psychology, psychology and human computer interaction or related areas.
- Scholarships or research stays in Universities of recognized international prestige.
- Knowledge of another language other than English.
Ability for team working, positive attitude to learn, proactivity, creativity, humility and spirit of service. The PhD application process is quite competitive, so we are looking for high motivated and capable students from any country.
Interested parties should send:
- Complete curriculum vitae, updated.
- Certificates of English level (minimum B2) and Spanish for foreigners (minimum C1).
- Detailed and complete academic record of degree and master's or bachelor's degree where the qualification of each one of the studies completed on a scale of 0 to 10 points is recorded, as well as the center and date where they were done.
- Applicants with foreign academic records must present their equivalence to the system of Spanish universities. Request information on this link from the Ministry of Culture and Sports:http://www.mecd.gob.es/mecd/servicios-al-ciudadano-mecd/catalogo/general/educacion/203615/ficha.html
- 2 letters of recommendation.
Deadline: preferably before the end of 2020
With the reference: AI Com2020
The candidatures that are received incomplete or do not conform to the terms of the call, will be automatically discarded.
Universidad Loyola Andalucía is an institution committed to excellence.