For non-European Union Students

Every student that comes from outside the European Union/Schengen area must have a valid visa for studies. The process to obtain the visa should always be done in your home country but thanks to new regulations it can also be started upon arrival in Spain.

The documents that you will need to hand in are:

  1. Application form (Original and Copy):
  2. Passport valid for at least 1 year (Original and Copy)
  3. Three passport like photos
  4. Accreditation of studies to be carried out in Spain (contract of studies/proposal of courses to be carried out in Spain).
  5. Acceptance letter with the Purpose of the stay, start date and end date of the course
  6. Accreditation of previously completed studies
    1. Academic transcript showing the grades of the studies carried out until so far translated to Spanish and legalized.
  7. Medical insurance (We recommend Sanitas International from group BUPA)
  8. Housing accreditation
    1. Document issued by the person or entity that will host the student, with clear indication of the full address where the student will be accommodated.
    2. In case of not having an address in Spain yet, the address of the university can be provided.
  9. Accreditation of Economic Resources
    1. Economic resources for the sustenance of the student during their stay in Spain, for an amount equivalent to  6,454.03 euros/year or 537.84 euros/month. A model of this document can be found here.
    2. If the financial support is provided by a family member, the following will be credited by means of a Civil Birth Registries (translated and legalized).

Please check with your General Consulate of Spain, this list may vary from one country to another.

Please keep us informed and let us know if you have any inconvenience.

All students staying more than six months in Spain need to apply for residence. Their student visas will be valid for a 90-day period after their entry into Spain. During this time, students should contact the local authorities in order to obtain a Residence Card that will be valid through to the end of their academic stay in Spain. Students should apply for their Residence Permit in an inmigration office.

The documentation they will ask for is:

  • Two copies of your passport or ID card.
  • Three photos.
  • Proof of financial means available: you will have to be able to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover costs incurred during your stay in Spain.
  • Certificate (letter of acceptance) from the University of Loyola Andalucía confirming that you have been admitted to our university for a period of studies.
  • A photocopy of your medical insurance policy.
  • FBI Records issued by the US Department of Justice – F.B.I. Legalized with the Apostille of the Hague Convention by the US Department of State in Washington DC. Local Police background check will not be accepted.
  • Police Record with Apostille from countries where you have lived in the past 5 years.
  • The forms given to you at the police station must be appropriately filled out.
  • A visa issued by the Spanish authorities in your country of origin.
  • Medical Certificate: A recent doctor’s statement (not older than 3 months in doctor’s or medical canter’s letterhead) it´s mandatory to include in writing the following sentence: “the applicant (identified by Passport’s First and Last name) has been examined and found free of any contagious diseases according to the International Health Regulation 2005”. Must be signed by a M.D. Follow our template:

For more information, please visit the Spanish police website or the Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte.