Those students who are citizens of the EU do not need a visa. However, those people who want to study in Spain for a period of more than 3 months will be required to obtain a student visa.

Your visa must be processed in your country of residence before your departure.

All student visas are valid for a 90-day period after your entry into Spain. During this time, students should contact the local authorities in order to obtain a Residence Card that will be valid through to the end of their academic stay in Spain. Students should apply for their Residence Permit in a police station (Comisaría de Policía).

The documentation they will ask for is:

  • Two copies of your passport or ID card.
  • Three photos.
  • Proof of financial means available: you will have to be able to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover costs incurred during your stay in Spain.
  • Certificate (letter of acceptance) from the University of Loyola Andalucía confirming that you have been admitted to our university for a period of studies.
  • A photocopy of your medical insurance policy.
  • The forms given to you at the police station must be appropriately filled out.
  • A visa issued by the Spanish authorities in your country of origin.

For more information, please visit the Spanish police website or theMinisterio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte.