How to get your Visa 


Students outside of Europe - 6 months

All students coming from outside of the European Union/Schengen area must have a valid visa for studies. The process to obtain the visa must always be completed in your home country, but thanks to new regulations it can also be started upon arrival in Spain. (Please note that this is a last resort option and should only be contemplated if you are unable to get an appointment at the Consulate General of Spain) The documents you will need to submit at the Consulate are:

  • Application form (original and copy): you can find it here
  • Passport valid for at least 1 year (Original and copy).
  • Three passport photos
  • Proof of studies to be carried out in Spain (study contract/proposal of courses to be carried out in Spain).
  • Letter of acceptance with the purpose of the stay, start date and end date of the course.
  • Accreditation of previous studies
    • An academic transcript showing the grades of the studies completed so far translated into Spanish and legalized.
  • Medical insurance. We recommend:
  • Proof of housing
    • Document issued by the person or entity that will host the student, with a clear indication of the complete address where the student will be staying.
    • If the student does not yet have an address in Spain, the address of the university can be provided.
  • Proof of Financial Resources
    • Financial resources for the support of the student during his/her stay in Spain, for an amount equivalent to 7,200.00 euros/year or 600.00 euros/month.(IPREM for 2024)
    • If the financial support is provided by a family member, it will be evidenced by a Birth Certificate (translated and legalized). In case you have any further doubts regarding the demonstration of economic resources or need clarifications, click on this link.

Please check with your Consulate General in Spain, this list may vary from country to country. To find the Consulate General closest to you, please consult the following link. To check the official list of translators approved by the Spanish Government, please refer to the following link. Please keep us informed and let us know if you have any problems.

For students staying in Spain for more than 6 months

All students staying in Spain for more than 6 months need to apply for residence. Their student visas will be valid for 90 days after they arrive in Spain. During this time, students should contact the local authorities to obtain a Residence Card that will be valid until the end of their academic stay in Spain. Students should apply for their Residence Permit in an immigration office.

  • Córdoba: Oficina de Extranjería - Plaza Constitución, 1C, 14004 Córdoba, España
  • Seville: Oficina de Extranjería - Plaza de España, s/n, 41071 Sevilla, España

The documentation they will ask for is:

  • A visa issued by the Spanish authorities in your country of origin.
  • Two copies of your passport or ID card.
  • Three portrait-type photos.
  • Proof of financial means available: you will have to be able to prove that you have sufficient funds to cover costs incurred during your stay in Spain.
  • Certificate (letter of acceptance) from the University of Loyola Andalucía confirming that you have been admitted to our university for a period of studies.
  • A photocopy of your medical insurance policy.
  • Criminal records certificate legalized with the Apostille of the Hague Convention. For US students this will be issued by the F.B.I. And legalized by the US Department of State in Washington DC. Please keep in mind that a Local Police background check will not be accepted.
  • Police Record with Apostille from countries where you have lived in the past 5 years.
  • Medical Certificate: A recent doctor’s statement (no older than 3 months in doctor’s or medical center's letterhead) it´s mandatory to include in writing the following sentence: “The applicant (identified by Passport’s First and Last name) has been examined and found free of any contagious diseases according to the International Health Regulation 2005”. Must be signed by an M.D. Template here.


end faq


Change your preferences Gestionar cookies